Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dr Dopey Update

So I've been told off for not updating the blog for some time now, though there's not a lot to tell. But here's a synopsis anyway:

  • I fell in love with my Sony ebook and was devastated when it broke 3 weeks after receiving it
  • Thanks to my Aunt Lois, I've become addicted to crappy vampire fiction and have managed to read the Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse series (ebooks of course!) amongst others that are too embarrassing for a 30+ yr old woman to admit to be reading
  • I'm really looking forward to the 2nd series of TrueBlood starting next weekend (vampire series)
  • I semi-successfully completed kite surfing lessons and while it didn't quite meet my expectations (see image below) I did manage to stay on the board for 3 seconds before face planting into the water. A shark sighting not far from the beach saved me from further embarrassment

  • I've signed up for the Around the Bay in a Day, a 210 km bike ride around Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay. Its my first time and I'm a little nervous about making the distance but I've got till October to train, should be right, no worries

  • I survived a week long training course on strategic finance and once again demonstrated an uncanny ability to use poor judgement by participating in a You Tube show off
  • We've finally settled a long standing bet at work on the release date for a new product, with the winner Sam, receiving a slab of her choice. She kindly donated it to the team so after several false attempts we finally managed to get everyone together to polish it off. One of the highlights of the evening being Terrie's "landslide" jelly slice

  • I'm a bit wary about going on holiday in October, with a 4 day hike planned across Hinchinbrook Island, located off the coast of northern Queenland. I've got to carry all my gear and food and tent with the only bathing facilities being potentially croc infested waters. Plus its close to stinger season and I'll need to keep an eye out for the giant bird eating spiders when squatting in the bush. It'll be an experience

  • and finally, I'm dreaming of summer.....

No comments: