Monday, September 28, 2009

It was supposed to be chocolate heaven.....

After passing up a chance to grab my favourite hot choc from Cafe Nero in London I have been dying for a good hot chocolate, European style. All attempts since then have been disappointing - hot watery drinks with a layer of froth just don't cut it when you've had the thick chocolatey delight of the Cafe Nero Hot Chocolate Milano. So when we stumbled upon a chocolate bar in Amsterdam airport I just had to try their version which looked just like Cafe Nero's. Here your given a mug of hot milk and you select a chocolate spoon that then melts into the milk (its really just a wooden spoon with a block of choclate on the end)

I wasn't able to wait until the chocolate melted completely into the milk, I just needed to try it! The chocolate tasted good but the final product was just as disappointing as all the others. They also had these parfum bottles with different types of choclate in them, which of course I had to try



Fortunately theres a Cafe Nero at Heathrow Airport and we have to fly through there anyway, maybe I'll pick up a hoisin duck wrap from Pret while I'm there

No comments: