Saturday, May 8, 2010

Everyone Loves Sticky Buns

Sticky buns (aka Caramel Rolls) are a fave in my family. I've even got my Grandma Dopey's family recipe, though its not much use to me here as you just can't get the right ingredients in Oz. But my mum created the Aussie version which are still yummy in my tummy good. So for this Mother's Day I decided to give thanks to my mum by recreating the sticky bun for Sunday brunch on the balcony


Creation of the cinnamon rolls (thanks bread machine) and placement into the sticky caramel (yes that is butter in the pan for all you cholesterol watching party poopers)

Before and after baking
And the result? Loved by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr Dopey,
I'm a friend of Bonnies and she recommended your blog because you talk about food sometimes. I've got to say I love the look of the caramel rolls. I was wondering if you would be able to forward me a recipe for them. (The American one if possible) Cheers Deb